A plumber is a person who specialises in installing and maintaining systems used for potable (drinking) water, sewage, and drainages. The plumber helps interpret blueprints and building specifications to map layout of pipes and other plumbing materials. His job also involves the installation of pipes and fixtures — such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids. He also installs supports for pipes, equipment, and other fixtures prior to installation.
Plumbing is basically an engineering-related field. Certification can only be acquired through apprenticeship so being able to practice this profession might take quite some time. A person needs to go through a series of processes i.e. by first getting a high school diploma, taking plumbing vocational classes, taking part in an apprenticeship program, and finally applying for a license. In addition, he needs to experience plumbing for many years before he can be recognised in this field.
The job of a plumber is diverse, among the jobs are:
- Locating and marking positions for pipe connections, passage holes, and fixtures in walls and floors
- Reading drawings, and specifications to determine layout of water supply, waste, and venting systems
- Testing pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Ensuring safety standards and building regulations are met
- Code compliance
- Awareness of legal regulations and safety issues
- Measuring, cutting, bending, and threading pipes using hand and power tools or machines
Generally, a plumber should have a good analytical and time management skills. He should be proactive when dealing with problems, never undermining any issue and while putting safety first. He should also be familiar on how to use the proper safety equipment (i.e. helmet, boots, hand gloves).
So, if you are a customer who needs plumbing assistance, you can look for one by searching online. You can converse with the best Brisbane Northside plumbers.